Ecclesiastes 3 states that there are times and seasons for everything. It then proceeds to list many different seasons.
The following is a list of the seasons in my life right now:
- A time to learn in class, and a time to learn from friends
- A time to go home, and a time to stay
- A time to study, and a time for Bible study
- A time to eat in the cafeteria, and a time to eat in the dorm
- A time to pass, and a time to fail (for me this is the difference between making an A and making anything below an A)
- A time to clean, and a time to dirty
- A time to date, and a time to wait
- A time to disciple, and a time to be discipled
- A time for coffee, and a time for sleep
- A time to write, and a time to read
- A time to be with people, and a time to be alone
- A time to be sick, and a time to be well
- A time to speak, and a time to be silent
- A time to procrastinate, and a time to be diligent (to make up for procrastinating)
- A time for laughter, and a time for tears
- A time to rush, and a time to reflect
What seasons are you in right now?
He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man’s heart, yet so he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end.